Resources for the general public
Deciding right – a North East initiative for making care decisions in advance
When you become more poorly you can lose the ability to make choices about how you wish to be cared for and where. Although difficult to think about, it can be helpful to have conversations with family, friends and professionals in advance so they understand what your wishes would be should you not be able to tell them at the time. To help support with this we have a set of tools called Deciding right. Information and support about Deciding right can be found here.
Resources on discussing death, dying and bereavement
Below are a number links to resources that will support discussions with patients and families relating to death, dying and bereavement.
- When someone dies from coronavirus: a guide for families and carers (Books Beyond Worlds)
- Bereavement and learning disabilities (Cheshire and Wirral Partnerships NHS)
- Dealing with a bereavement (Mencap)
- Loss, bereavement and death (British Institute of Learning Disabilities)
- Grief after bereavement or loss (NHS)
- Useful contacts (Bereavement Advice Centre)
- Breaking Bad News
- Dying to matter (Dimensions)