Information for people affected by cancer
Information from Cancer Research UK (CRUK)
CRUK has produced some helpful information and guidance for people experiencing potential signs and symptoms of cancer during the pandemic. This information can be accessed here.
Covid related information for people affected by cancer
Below are links to a number of cancer charities providing Covid related advice and guidance for cancer patients and their families;
- Macmillan Cancer Support please click here.
- Lymphoma Action please click here.
- Cancer Research UK please click here.
- Bowel Cancer UK please click here.
- Prostate Cancer UK please click here.
- Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation please click here.
- Young Lives vs Cancer click here.
- Anthony Nolan please click here
- The Brain Tumour Charity please click here.
- Brains Trust please click here.
- Breast Cancer Now please click here.
- Ovarian Cancer Action please click here.
- Target Ovarian Cancer please click here.
- Teenage Cancer Trust please click here.
- Pancreatic Cancer please click here.
- Myeloma UK please click here.
- Leukaemia Care please click here.
- Leukaemia UK please click here.
- The Eve Appeal (gynaecological cancers) please click here.
NHS Volunteer Responders
NHS Volunteer Responders have helped people in England to stay safe during the pandemic completing 2 million tasks.
They can help anyone who lives in England and who needs to self-isolate for any reason. They can also help people who choose to stay at home as much as possible because they are cautious about going out during the coronavirus outbreak.
Volunteers help people:
- avoid busy places by collecting their shopping, medicines and other important items
- have regular contact with other people by making regular friendly phone calls
- get to medical appointments by giving lifts.
To access support from NHS Responders, please click here or telephone 08081963646.
The Teenage Cancer Trust have produced a quick guide for young people that raises awareness of how to get the best from a hospital appointment or stay when it isn’t possible to have someone with you (during Covid restrictions). To access a copy of this guide please click here.